Himalayan salt lamps are fast becoming interior design items for spaces that offer relaxation and peace, especially spa and meditation centers where lamps like the Mineralamp NSL-101 Natural Himalayan Hand Carved Salt Lamp with Indian Rosewood Base are used. These lamps are made of salt crystals in its purest form and have been touted for their many benefits.
These salt lamps are said to be mined directly from the Himalayas and carved to fit a small bulb inside that will, in turn, generate heat and emit a comfortable warmth around the room. Himalayan salt lamps are also known to have air cleaning properties as they can absorb pollutants along with the water molecules that it attracts.
Each Himalayan salt lamp from Mineralamp measures about seven to ten inches in height, five to seven inches in width, and weights around eight to eleven pounds apiece. They are also said to be made of 100% pure Himalayan Salt, straight from the edges of the Himalayas in Pakistan.
This Himalayan Salt lamp is one of the newest in the market, and it comes with the following features:
Each Himalayan salt lamp from Mineralamp is carved and crafted by one of its experienced artisans, ensuring that each crystal is handled with care and attention that it deserves. This attention to detail can be seen on its curves and on how everything is assembled on its base. Each lamp is guaranteed its unique character, setting off conversations and whatnot.
The electrical component of this Himalayan salt lamp complies with the ETL-Listed standards, including the dimmer switch and the 15-watt bulb.
- Adjustable Dimmer Switch
The power cord of this Himalayan salt lamp comes with a twisting dimmer knob that sets the brightness, and it also has the on and off switch of the lamp. The dimmer can be adjusted to your preference.
- Authentic Indian Rosewood Base
An authentic Indian Rosewood base, which is finished with dark varnish and buffed to perfection, supports each Himalayan salt lamp from Mineralamp.
- Unique Design and Coloring
Each Mineralamp Himalayan salt lamp is hand-crafted, and this makes each lamp design unique while the different densities and mineral composition of the salt gives each lamp its unique color which ranges from pink to orange.
- This Himalayan salt lamp is stunning, and they make great conversation pieces.
- These lamps add a unique character to any room, and they make great dim lighting pieces, perfect for setting the mood.
- The light it produces is not very bright and is very conducive to sleep and relaxation.
- Adding a Himalayan salt lamp to any room improves the mood and makes the area look more lively and interesting.
- This Himalayan salt lamp gives out a warm, soft light at night which helps with sleeping problems.
- The crystal casing becomes warm after each use which may become a fire hazard if placed near flammable materials.
- The boxes used to carry these lamps are flimsy and can cause damage to the crystals during shipping.
- The dimmer switch does not always work, and it takes a while for the adjusted dim to become apparent.
- The salt crystal tends to absorb water around it and leave a pool of water below the base afterward. It is suggested that you do not use the lamps near the coastline or in areas where the weather is humid to prevent the degradation of the crystal.
- The power cord of this Himalayan salt lamp is a little short to be able to place it anywhere inside a room. It has to be placed near an electric outlet.
The Mineralamp NSL-101 Natural Himalayan Hand Carved Salt Lamp with Indian Rosewood Base is a great addition, aesthetically speaking, to any home or work area. Its unique design comes from being handcrafted by professional artisans, and the coloring it got from mother nature herself.
The dimmer switch that can be adjusted to your preference adds more value to this Himalayan salt lamp while the authentic Indian Rosewood base adds a little more style to this already unique piece of a lighting fixture.
The Amethya Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp can be closely compared to the Mineralamp NSL-101 Natural Himalayan Hand Carved Salt Lamp with Indian Rosewood Base as both have the same features, especially the polished wooden base and compliant electrical wiring. Both products are said to be mined directly from the Himalayas and are handcrafted to give each lamp that unique look and color.
The Mineralamp NSL-101 Natural Himalayan Hand Carved Salt Lamp with Indian Rosewood Base comes out ahead of the Amethya Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp as it has the dimmer function that becomes obvious in time. The natural coloring of the Mineralamp Himalayan salt lamp is more appealing than the Amethya’s, although the lit version of the Amethya is more attractive than the Mineralamp’s.
What makes the difference though is the uniqueness of each Himalayan salt lamp from Mineralamp as each design is evidently different, unlike the Amethya where the lamps appear to be of the similar cut, shade, and color.
Himalayan salt lamps are a unique addition to any space, and their natural appeal gives them the attention they deserve. Each lamp promises to bring several health benefits with continued use but make sure that you are aware of the risks involved in using such lighting fixture.
The lights inside the lamp generate heat that is absorbed by the crystal surrounding it, although it does not make the heat rise, it does absorb it and can affect anything flammable within its general vicinity. This also means that you might get burnt after using this lamp so make sure to let it cool down for a bit before touching it.
The associated humidity will cause any salt lamp to absorb and dispense water molecules, so precaution is needed to protect other pieces of furniture from water damage. Himalayan salt lamps offer unique advantages and disadvantages, make sure to read enough about them before deciding on which lamp to purchase.