If you were to do an internet search on Himalayan salt lamps, one of the first things you will see at the top of your search list is the benefits of owning such lamps. These lamps are believed to be carved out of Himalayan salt crystals, and there are claims that the lamps can help purify the air in your house.
So, why buy an ordinary decorative lamp when you can purchase a lamp that not only provides lighting for your space but also has health benefits, right? This article will help you achieve just that.
Voltas Himalayan Salt Lamp
If you want to get a natural and genuine hand-crafted salt lamp made from Himalayan salt crystals, then you may have some interest in the Voltas Salt Lamp. In the same product line up, you can also purchase a fire bowl salt lamp, basket salt lamp, or even a globe salt lamp, each with 50 to 100 percent dimmer settings.
The lights help create the perfect atmospheric setting for you with its adjustable dimmer switch that can also be used to switch the lamp on or off. The features, pros, and cons of this specific product are highlighted below.
- Handcrafted from natural salt rock crystals
- Measures eight to 11 inches
- Comes with a 6-foot UL dimmer chord
- Equipped with two pieces of 15-watt colorless incandescent bulbs
- Designed with a built-in dimmer rotary switch
- Comes with 1-year limited warranty
- Comes wrapped and packaged with polyethylene
- Naturally polished termite- and water-resistant wooden base
- Made from 100% Himalayan Crystal Salts
- Promotes holistic health
- Emits therapeutic ions
- Good light transmittance, with reduced specs and spotting
- Enhances the ionic balance of the space it occupies
- The lamp help to positively affect your moods and energy
- Fights fatigue and sluggishness
- Can purify the surrounding air
- Soothes allergies and acts as a sleep aid at night
- Packaging helps prevent moisture and makes gifting easy
- Wood base helps guard wires against short-circuiting
- The wood base also has pest-repelling properties
- Can be kept on 24/7
- Does not get warm to the touch
- If the bulb is broken, you may cut your hand opening the package
- The lamp is smaller than described
- Color varies and may not necessarily be amber
- The wood base can be poorly made in some models
- Salt rock may arrive dirty and require cleaning
- The manufacturer gives a disclaimer that the weight, size, shape, and color of the lamp may vary
Summary of the Features
The Himalayan salt lamps from Voltas are hand-crafted from natural Himalayan salt crystals. Each lamp is unique to the origin of the salt crystals, which affect the glow and quality of the lamp. Once lit or heated, it is believed to produce negative ions that improve the quality of the surrounding air.
As such, this item is said to be useful in soothing sinuses and in creating a relaxing atmosphere. It also comes with a wooden base made from teak or neem woods, which repels pests, making it the perfect addition to any room in your house.
Voltas’ Himalayan Salt Lamp vs. A Similar Product
The Himalayan salt lamp from Voltas, with its many features, can be compared with the Levoit Elana Himalayan Salt Lamp. The lamps are comparable because they have a similar exterior finish that is amber in color. The Levoit’s lamp is a bit more expensive than Voltas’, though, but it is available in different sizes for you to choose from.
You can choose a lamp that is 5 to 7 lbs, 8 to 11 lbs or 11 to 15 lbs. Similar to the Himalayan salt lamp from Voltas, the Levoit is unable to give customers the exact size of the lamp as size varies due to the origin of the crystal.
The Levoit lamp comes with three pieces of 15-watt bulbs, but both lamps use the same wattage. Therefore, they produce the same amount of lighting.
The Levoit Elana Himalayan Salt Lamp’s packaging makes it easy to gift the lamp for whatever occasion, similar to the Voltas lamp. Additionally, both lamps work to purify the air in the room they occupy by emitting negative ions that fight electromagnetic radiation. When you sleep with the lamps switches on, you are setting yourself up for a refreshing slumber.
The Levoit lamp differs from that of Voltas in that it comes with a patented touch-dimmer switch that allows you to adjust the brightness of the lamp. Volta’s lamp, on the other hand, has a built-in rotary switch that does the same thing.
Taking into account every feature, pro, and con, we have concluded that the Voltas Salt Lamp may be the more natural choice to make. The lamp not only offers aesthetic benefits but health benefits as well, promising to positively affect your moods and energy, fight fatigue, soothe allergies, and give you a fulfilling rest during the night.
This Himalayan salt lamp from Voltas is also perfect for persons who want a change from traditional lamps that only work for lighting and aesthetic purposes. It is an excellent gift that you can give to someone for a housewarming, or to your mother or aunt for Mother’s Day celebrations.
Despite the aesthetic and health benefits that it offers, the Voltas Himalayan Salt Lamp does have its own set of shortcomings, as all Himalayan salt lamps do. However, these shortcomings may make it a potential turn-off for certain persons.
For one, the lamp is not packaged properly, which means that it is highly likely that your product will arrive damaged and you will have to write to the seller to have it replaced. Therefore, you might need to order the lamp weeks in advance if you plan to gift it to someone.
If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of having to return the lamp, consider getting it from another manufacturer. In that way, you can be sure that it is handled properly and that it will arrive at your doorstep in the best condition.